Friday, January 23, 2009

The boys dr. apointments and Luke's BIG NEWS!

Yesterday Luke and Josh went to the doctors for their 3year and 6 month check ups. We will start with Josh first.

Josh-
Height 28 1/2" -95%
Weight 21.7 - 95%
H/C 44cm-90%

Everything is looking great for Josh. Dr. D said that his top and bottom gums are swollen so he is indeed teething (now if only a tooth would pop through). Dr. D also said that Josh rolling over on X-mas day does count as rolling over and that he just doesn’t want to do it because he is such a laid back baby. I was also told that we can start giving him cheeses like small curd cottage cheese (humm wonder if he is going to like that Luke HATED it). Other than that Josh is doing awesome, some small skin irritation on the back of his legs due to the cold so I just have to start putting some meds that they gave me on it each night, but all and all he is a great healthy laid back little guy. :)

Luke-
Height 38 3/4 - 73%
Weight 44lbs - 99%
BMI 20.6 - In the normal range still
HC -They took it but didn't give it to me, I'm not worried though he doesn’t have a big noggin. :)

O.k. so here is what we were told with Luke. Keep up the potty training, yes we are potty training per Luke's request (I wasn't ready to start until 1/30). Dr. D gave me tips on the #2 business and how to help with that but to let him know that he is still in control. Then the biggest news at the doctor’s office was that he is overweight. :( (cry cry sob sob) I'm trying to take this with a grain of salt. I know that he doesn’t eat sweets (though this is only in the past month or so that it's really changed) and he doesn’t get junk food. We were told to start counting his calories and that he should only be getting about 1,000 a day. Well today is the 1st day of me just writing down and seeing what exactly he gets so we will see just how many he is getting. I think the biggest thing to Luke's weight is 1. Its winter time and we are cooped up in the house. 2. Portion sizes of the foods that we do eat. (I'm already on top of the portion sizes.. that was a BIG eye opener for me). Dr. D didn't seem to be too worried about Luke's weight but I want it nipped in the butt. Other than that Luke is doing awesome as well. His speech is really clear and he is everywhere that he needs to be for a 3 year old.

The BIG news for yesterday was LUKE WENT ACCIDENT FREE THE WHOLE DAY! YIPEEEE I tell ya I was sooo proud of him yesterday that I wanted to go outside last night and just shout it out loud and let everyone know how big my boy is getting. LOL. We are on track to have another accident free day today. It's really weird how they just decide one day to start potty training, but I'll be super excited when it's all over, for now though I just take it in and think of it as my little boy is growing up and I'll try to remember as much of the baby in him that I can.

Alright, next up a Birthday party with lots and lots of little kidos running around an inside play ground. Look for pictures coming soon.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment